Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Week 50 - The End?

Stats:  +4
Avg burn: 2196
Avg cal: 1158
Avg deficit: 1038

Well, what a note to end my 50 week journey on - gain 4lbs.  It's one of my largest gains - I gained 4 once before, so this is tie.  Ok, so it was a challenging week.  I started my period last Saturday, which was Russell's birthday.  We had treats, of course - cookies and other goodies that I don't usually eat.  In addition, I left on a business trip on Tuesday and came back Thursday.  Wednesday night was a fabulous business dinner out, and while I thought I was being pretty good, I also didn't really skip anything either - but that included my workouts.  I went to the hotel gym both days even though I was feeling very tired.  In fact, Friday morning I ended up skipping working out, and I went to my annual physical appointment that morning.

My main complaint is how I cannot lose weight.  I told my doctor how I had this very reasonable goal of losing 1 pound a week, but as of that day, my average was .65 per a week despite the fact that I was exercising almost every day, eating well, and keeping a calorie deficit of at least 500 calories a day.  She didn't have any answers for me except to say that it sounds like I'm not getting enough sleep.  She said she would run blood work on me with my annual cholesterol check, and we could go from there, but she thinks that I'm not getting enough sleep, and that is why my weight loss is so slow.  I guess that's possible, but not what I wanted to hear since there's not much I can do about it.

So, here I am at the end of my 50 weeks, and I have lost a total of 32.5 pounds.  My plan is to continue at least through to my birthday.  I also have the goal of running the 5k after my birthday, June 14, and then we will go out an celebrate.

After that, I will continue to write weekly until we leave on vacation on June 22.  Then I will be canceling my membership with BodyMedia.  I'm done with wearing the monitor - it's too invasive.  I already have a tan line from it, and people ask about it all the time.  By now, I have a very good idea of what I burn on a daily basis.  For exercise, I'll use a calculated burn or maybe I'll find my HRM and use that.  Either way, it's an estimate, and I'll need to stay on the conservative side to ensure I continue to lose and just use MyFitnessPal.com to track everything.  If I continue at the rate I'm going, it will take at least until the end of the year to lose the remaining 17.5 pounds.

I realize that I need to do something different for exercise too.  I'm bored with the running.  I love walking, but it just takes too much time to burn enough calories, so I need to find a good  program that will motivate me.  It takes a lot of time, though, to research different dvd programs, etc.  I would love to get a personal trainer, but I have not heard of any that will come to your house at 5 AM, and that's what I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment