Stats: +1
Avg cal burned: 2121
Avg cal consumed: 1607
Avg deficit: 514
You know what the problem with losing slowly is? The problem is that you cannot sustain the stamina and pace of activity and careful eating to be able to reach your goal. As I go on to almost a year of this, the novelty has worn off long ago. I have tried to set new goals to keep myself working towards something - most of these goals, if they were weight goals, were not met. I have been able to meet some of my physical goals. I started running, worked my way up to 3, then 4+ miles. I can run a 5k. I haven't been as successful at some of my toning/weight training goals, but I am still working towards them.
But, it's all such a chore now. I am burned out. This wouldn't be a horrible thing if I were at - or even close - to my goal. I'd down shift into maintenance mode. I'd take it easy for a few weeks, with the goal of getting back on track and losing those "last 5". But, I still have 20+ pounds to go. That's another half a year of this JUST TO GET TO MY GOAL. That's six months of working out EVERY DAY and WATCHING every mouthful of food. I wish I were more motivated. Why am I not motivated? After 48 long weeks, why is this not ingrained into my life and I do not think twice about it?
I don't know why, but I know that I dread exercising now more than ever. When the alarm goes off, and I think about getting on the treadmill, I am already bored. I'm sick of the same music that I listen to over and over. I'm sick of the same routine. And, I'm tired of being tired all the time.
So, I need to figure something out fast. I need to find activity that is going to excite and challenge me. If I only had the time and the energy :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment