Stats: -3.5
Avg burn: 22
Avg cal:
Cal deficit:
So, this week was very busy, and there were several main events - one being my son's birthday today, but before that, my first public 5k run. I signed up for the charity 5k that Tess's school was sponsoring. What a humbling experience. I felt ready. I had been running a 5k distance for months, and I had been timing my actual 5k on the treadmill since the end of February. More recently, I've added running a 5k outside so I would have the challenge of the terrain. My time wasn't horrible - usually 30 to 32 minutes. There were times when I would get tired or even have to stop for a few seconds of walking, but in general I felt that I was doing ok.
Well, the race wasn't starting until 7 PM. This was difficult. I got there after 5 PM, and picked up my number. Chuck and the kids were all there, and they were registered for the fun run. But even though that started at 6:30, they were done in minutes, and then we were left waiting an waiting. It had been a very hot day, and even though now the sun was going down, it was still pretty hot. I started off ok, I was trying to not get caught up with going too fast. But, my mouth turned to dust anyway - I had forgotten about the adrenaline rush that you get when it starts. I was really distracted by my thirst. Many people passed me. I felt like my legs were lead. There was only one water stop just after the 1st mile. I really didn't think I was going to be able to run the whole distance. I was so thirsty and hot. But, I did keep up with it, and I finished with 31:13. My time wasn't horrible, but the experience was. Now I am worried about the Hollis Fast 5k for my birthday. I will have to make sure I have water (I hate to carry it), and I'll hope that it's not as hot.
Of course, I am thrilled with my weight loss this week. I figure some of it must be the water I sweated out on Thursday. I finally made my second 10% goal!! Of course, then today I got my period, which has been missing for 6+ weeks. I don't know how that plays in, but it seems like it's always a factor.
Next Friday I go to have my physical, so I'll be interested to see what my doctor says about my slower than molasses weight loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment