Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 43 - Stomach Flu

Stats:  -.5
Avg Burn:  2208
Avg Cal: 1415
Avg Deficit:  793

So, this week I was hit with the stomach flu mid-week.  I had one day of almost no eating - saw a 2.5lb loss the next morning, but of course it didn't hang around.  Total of .5lb lost for this week, which is ok considering.  I show an average deficit of 793, but I know that I didn't log everything that went in my mouth this week. 

It started on Friday night, we had our friends over for some wine and the guys played ping-pong.  I just wanted some relaxation before I had to kick it into high gear for the holiday prep.  I had thought I was done with school, but I had some last minute back and forth with my partner on our paper.  Anyway, I managed to keep up with the exercise, even though I was busy.  Sunday morning, I had to start prepping for breakfast at 7 AM, so I would have had to get up at 4 to fit my work out in I knew that wasn't going to happen, so I skipped it, hoping I'd fit in a walk later, which we did.  My sister and I had a shorter/slower walk than I usually do because Gwen came with us and was tired out quickly.  At least I got out and burned some calories instead of just consuming them!

I was fortunate that the stomach flu didn't hit until after I had worked out on Tuesday, but I decided that I needed rest and a break on Wednesday morning.  I had a busy day, so it ended up being a complete day off from working out - the first in 15 consecutive days, which had been the longest stretch I have had in since January.  Maybe I needed the break.

I continued to feel icky on and off for the rest of the week, but it didn't seem to impact my eating and drinking.  I am on "Spring Break" this week because I have one week between classes, and I have been fitting in a lot of social engagements, reading, and catch up work (like filing our taxes!).  I will have to start hitting the books tomorrow for my next class - Assessing Leadership Capability.

So, I haven't done anything about my PITA - such a busy week, and with being sick, etc., however, I think it might be going away (KOW), so we'll see.  On the flip side, I now have a sciatica pain in my right buttock!






No comments:

Post a Comment