Stats: 0 lost
Avg Burn: 2366
Avg Cal: 1539
Avg Deficit: 827
Not sure if I've mentioned this before - I'm surprised that I haven't, but I have been having this deep pain in my left buttocks for about a month now. It just started one day. It sort of feels like sciatica (nerve pain vs. muscle or ligament or bone), but deeper, and I mostly feel it when I am bearing weight. I thought if I concentrated on stretches, it would go away, but it hasn't. Sometimes it's really painful when I start exercising - shooting pains in my buttock, and sometimes it radiates down my leg or up into my lower back. I've tried different things to try to get rid of it - I stopped doing my walking/running on an incline, but it still persisted. I finally figured that I have to go see a doctor to get it looked at. I asked my neighbor, who is a physical therapist, what she thought. I was hoping she would say something like, "Oh, that's your blahblah nerve and you did xyz, but if you do these 3 stretches religiously for the next two weeks, you'll be fine." Well, of course not - she said to see my dr., who would prescribe PT. That was over a week ago - I just have not had time to go to the doctor, so I haven't even called to make the appointment. And, it comes and goes - it's most annoying when I start walking/running or if I have been sitting for a while, my first steps. And, although it's painful, it's something I can ignore, unlike sciatica pain that would keep me up at night. So, my goal is to do something about it - just not looking forward to the process of going to a lot of doctors appointments and not getting a straight answer or any resolution.
Ok, so what else? Well, tomorrow is Easter, and I am having my family over for Easter brunch - the chocolate eating has already begun! It has been a very stressful week and month. My mom has been going through a breast cancer thing because of something on her mammogram. I had my final paper due for my class this week, I think I will eke out a B, but that's partly with fingers crossed. I am still struggling with the time change, and once again I did not have a whole week of having to get up early took a morning off and Friday was a holiday, so I didn't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn :-) I had planned to start doing a 2nd 5k on Monday, my idea was to do one of them outside to start to get training for that, but it is still pitch black out at 5 AM (and cold!), so that is not going to happen. I may do it at lunch at work, we'll see.
Ok, much to do for the breakfast tomorrow, I will sign off.
No comments:
Post a Comment