Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 40 - Daylight Savings Time

Stats:  -2lb
Ave Burn:  2206
Ave Cal: 1396
Ave deficit: 810

So, this week was about trying to adjust to DST.  I wasn't very successful.  It wasn't horrible, but I did find it challenging.

It was actually not a good week for me.  I left on a business trip on Tuesday morning, and you know how you can be on a business trip - you think you are on vacation.  But, I packed my workout gear, and I made good choices when I could, and I logged my food as best I could.  I had to skip Tuesday's workout because I was leaving for the airport at 5 AM.  I'm sure that didn't help my weekly burn numbers.  And yet, I finally got a loss, and I finally crossed into a new decade.  I even saw my fat % # register under 30% a couple times this week - that is a great feeling.  My goal is to be 29% or less fat.

I should start with the weekend, though.  Saturday was ok, I worked out, and my sister came over and we hung out, so that entailed drinking some wine.  Sunday was the first day of DST, and I slept in.  Well, officially it was really only 8 AM, not 9.  We had a late breakfast, and I ended up taking a walk outside for my exercise.  I did that later in the day - I kept waiting for it to warm up, but it never did. 

On Monday, I woke up and did my exercises, even if it was a little late.  I already mentioned skipping Tuesday, and on Wednesday and Thursday, I had the luxury of getting up as late as 5:45!  Friday I did get up at usual time.  So, it hasn't been consistent enough to get into a routine.  I need to push myself to do it so that I do get into a routine as soon as possible.

I can't believe I only have 10 weeks left of my "challenge".  It would be nice to think I could lose 10 pounds in those weeks.  I would still be 10 pounds off my goal, but I would be looking much better, and that's what I really want - I don't want my weight to be a factor in how old I look!  Ah, vanity, woman is thy name.

So, what should I do to achieve my mini goal of being at least 10# lighter at the end of my journey?  I think I definitely need to step up the exercise.  If the weather will cooperate, I am definitely going to fit in some walking at work.  If I can just burn a few more calories, I'm hoping that my deficits will be larger.

As far as food, well, food is really key, and I'm not always very good about the food.  And drink.  I'm fine in a structured environment, but as soon as it's the weekend, or I'm working from home, I get very liberal with food.  I need to really look at that and come up with some strategies for avoiding that.

10 weeks, 10 weeks - that's nothing.  That's a blink of the eye.  I could do anything for 10 weeks (except maybe give up drinking - well, actually, I have given up drinking for longer than that before, but I really missed it!).  Ok, I'm going to really think about some over-arching goals I can try for the next 10 weeks.  Something to get me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment