Stats: -3.5
Ave burn: 2304
Ave cal: 1375
Ave deficit: 929
Wow, where did the time go? I know that the next six weeks are going to fly by. I also know that I wont be reaching my goal. I would have to lose 15# by then, and that is just not going to happen unless I lose a limb. I don't even think a fast or shake diet would work or a colonic or any other crazy thing I could think of to lose the weight - besides, if I did it that way, it would just be back on the next week (at least half of it). So, I must resolve that I won't have lost 50# in 50 weeks. The way my weight loss is trending (BTW, see how I don't even get excited about a 3.5# loss - I just know that I'll be up on this Friday, so why get excited?), I will reach the 50# mark 13 weeks past my goal date - and that's if I can manage to keep up with a .78# a week loss that I am at now. It's averaged as low as .72, so it may take even more than an additional 13 weeks.
I try to not get bummed out about this, but it is really challenging. I was so hoping that I would look better than I do by now. If I had been able to keep up with a 1# loss, I'd be almost 10# less than I am now, and that would make a huge difference. But, I'm not, so there's no use in crying about it. People notice my weight loss, and the first thing I say is how it's not to my goal or that it's so hard. I know I'm being negative, but it's like I need to remind myself that I am a long way from the finish line. And, maybe that's a good thing. When you start to get cocky, you start to get sloppy. I'll tell you one thing that will cut you right down to size if you are feeling cocky - bathing suits! I was sort of looking forward to being in a bathing suit and not looking like a beached whale, and I saw a cute suit at TJ Max for $15, so I bought it. Yes, it fits, but seeing all the rolls and flab everywhere was very humbling.
This week was about getting "clean" - no more Easter candy and other excesses that were finding their way into my mouth. I did ok until Friday when we had cake for a co-worker who is retiring. I had a sliver. Still, it's all it takes to break the damn, so to speak. I am trying to stay on track for the weekend.
My neighbor is doing some sort of shake challenge, and she invited me (and others, of course) over to sample the shakes. I politely declined. I've tried the shake thing before, and I end up drinking the shake AND eating my usual meal, so all it does is add calories for me. In addition, I looked up these shakes, and found that it's one of those multi-layer companies where they get you to be a "distributor" and the folks above you get some sort of cut on your sales, etc. That is not for me on so many levels. Anyway, I am not where I wanted to be, but I have still lost 35lbs by just eating right and exercising, so I think I should stick to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment