Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 33 - Taking a break

Not a complete break, but a mini break.  I think I needed it.

Stats:  -3lb
Avg burn:  2337
Avg calories:  ?

I stopped tracking on Sunday, then I tried to start back on Tuesday, but I was just too busy.  I am going to try to get back to it starting today, but I haven't tracked at all so far, and it's 4:35. PM.

After my sucky week last week, I was discouraged, but not giving up.  It was a holiday weekend, and so I was doing some extra cooking.  Saturday night I made spaghetti and meatballs.  On Sunday, I made a turkey dinner, and I ate way too much.  My stomach hurt.  I started the non tracking by then.

On Monday (the holiday), I didn't get up to work out at first, and then it got late, so I got up and got showered, etc.  I always intended to work out later in the day, but it didn't happen.  So, that was my first skip day.  I blew my goal of exercising every day until our Florida trip.  I justified it in my mind that I really needed the break.  I can't sleep late on the weekdays even if I don't work out, blah blah.  So, not sure what was going through my head when I kept hitting the snooze on Tuesday.  I guess at first I thought I was still going to get up - maybe do an abbreviated workout.  I knew I wasn't going to be doing anything at work outside - it was projected to be in the single digits for temperature.  So, that was the second day I skipped working out.  I can't remember the last time I had TWO days in a week where I didn't work out.  But, there it is.

I have to say, though, that on Wednesday morning, I felt so much better in my workout.  I have been just SOOO tired all the time, and hungry.  I felt like it helped in someways.  And, I did lose weight this week, so maybe it's just what I needed.  Not that I'll plan that into the calendar or anything.  I may plan a lighter day every so often.

Regarding my other goals, well, I haven't called the doctor yet to make an appointment for a physical, but I definitely will this coming week.  I did stop by the GNC yesterday, and I started taking a supplement today that is supposed to increase my metabolism.  I just took 1 this morning, and I feel like it helped so far.  I felt like I had more energy, and when I ate lunch, I felt really full.  It didn't stop me, though, from eating the other half of my daughter's peanut butter and fluff sandwich!  I really, really, have to work on will power.  It's just non-existent.

My burn is low again this week, which, considering I didn't workout 2 days doesn't surprise me.  But, I have also been running out of time to do any weight/isometric work after my cardio because I have to make these totally annoying stops to go to the bathroom.  Today I had to stop twice, and I thought I was going to have to stop a 3rd time.  It just eats up all the extra time I have.

So, tonight is game night with our friends, and I'll try to be good.  I am bringing the appetizers, and I made one low fat dip, but the other two are not healthy at all.  I guess I'll try to fill up on salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment