Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, January 4, 2013

Week 30 - Happy New Year

Cue the wah-wah music.

Stats:  +.5lb
Avg burn: 2415

So, if you are keeping track, that is 4 consecutive gains.  I completely wiped out the 3.5 loss I had in the beginning of December.  I am now 7lbs behind where I should be according to my goal.  From here on out, it will be a matter of chasing the tail.  Even if I get extremely lucky and drop, say, 4# this week, I would still be 4# behind goal.  I would have to lose another 4 the following week and 2 the week after that JUST to be on track.  I doubt that will happen, but I am definitely buckling down with the new year.

At least my meager goals for the week were met - one was to increase burn (which I did by 31 calories, not much but it was an increase!), and to decrease intake.  Since I did not track my food (still on a vacation from that right now), I don't have facts to back up my decrease, but I know that I must have just by virtue of not sticking 2-3 cookies in my mouth every day.  Next week's goal will include food tracking - imperative if I'm going to try to catch up to my goal.

I did some cooking - making soup, and I am planning on doing some more so that I have a stash in the freezer for lunches.  That works well, and I could make a really good dent in the weight if I keep with the soup diet.  It's a small window, maybe Jan-March, though, when I have the appetite for soup, so I should really take advantage of it.

I start back to school on Monday, so it will be crazy time again.  I hope I can keep up with everything.  One of my other overall goals is to get more sleep - I have been averaging 5 hours a night, and that is just not enough to sustain all that I am doing.

Ok, here is to a better week next week!  It will be a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment