Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 32 - Depressed

Other contenders for this week's title:

WTF?
Feel like quitting
I am not a NUMBER
What is wrong with my body?

They all compete for top thought in my brain since I weighed in yesterday.

Stats: +4lbs
Avg burn: 2296
Avg calories: 1401
Avg deficit:  895

So, I weigh myself every day, and I saw my weight creeping up every morning.  I didn't know why.  At first, I wasn't too concerned - I bounce 2lbs at a time.  By the time Thursday morning WI said I was still up 3lbs, I was not happy.  Still, I continued to log my food, continue with my exercise plan, and hope I'd have a 2-3# bounce down by the next morning.  I had sushi on Wednesday night, so part of me though it was probably just water retention.  So, was I unhappy when I got on the scale and saw a 4.5 gain on Friday morning.  I hadn't worked out yet, though, and I still had some clothes on, so I WI again later in the day and had lost .5 - probably just my clothing, but I decided to take that as my "official" weight.

Why?  I keep asking myself that.  What did I do/am I doing that is so wrong, so off?  I did have a lower burn this week.  I think that is because of two reason - one is that it's calculated using my weight, which was 4# less than I am :-)  and the other reason is that I did not get in any extra workouts in my week.  My deficit, though, is only 5 calories off from last week, so even if my burn is lower, I'm still maintaining the same average deficit.  To gain 4#, I would have to have eaten 20,000 extra calories.  I didn't.  Say I ate my total burn every day, I'd have to have eaten another 14,000 calories to gain 4lbs.  So, the math does not add up, I know that, but it is SOOOOOOOOOOO discouraging to see the scale go up 4lbs when I am already way behind in my goal. 

On the BodyMedia site, I entered my weight, and it gives you this message - it said at my rate, I'll reach my goal by NOVEMBER 12!!  So very discouraging, but it makes sense.  When I lost weight before - and I was 10 years younger - it took me 19 months to lose 50#.  And I was working out like a maniac.  I should have known that 50# in a year was not possible.  As of this weigh in, I am 8.5 pounds behind my goal - that's over two month.  I have no possible way of ever catching up at the rate I am going and what my body is doing.  I just don't understand it. 

So, I have two resolves out of this.  One is to make an appointment to see my doctor.  I'm overdue for a physical anyway, so I will do that - even though I'll probably not be able to get an appointment for weeks, maybe months.  The second thing is that I'm going to try some supplements - something that's supposed to speed up my metabolism.  I know that most of that stuff is crap, but it's worth a try to see if it can help me bust through this - whatever this is.  I've been in the same "decade" now for 11-12 weeks.  Even with the holiday eating, I should be better than this.  I thought the last decade was going to be hard, but this one has been way more stubborn.  It's very discouraging, but I'm not going to let it sabotage my plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment