It always comes to this - we do it to ourselves. Why? First, the stats:
Stats: -4.5lbs
Avg Burn: 2514
Avg Cal: 1614
That's my highest average burn yet. But, my calorie intake average is also higher. I realize now (duh), that I should have been tracking my average deficit. But, there are some weeks when I didn't track my food, so I don't know exactly what my deficit is.
So, I had the wonderful weigh in Friday morning, and I was really happy to be the lowest weight I have been so far, and below my last good WI, and, even though it took 5 weeks, undid the damage I had done with a whoosh. So, what do I do? Go out and completely blow up my eating. Sigh. I had plans to meet my sister, and I knew I would have a couple drinks, and I thought we would be eating, so I had planned on my fall back of salad. Well, we just munched on tortilla chips (too many!), and when I left, I was still hungry, so I succumbed to a drive through :-( The worse thing is that I felt like it was ok and even justified. I guess that's sabotage. I have not figured out what is going on in my head. I'm trying to not get that heavy - I figure, I had a couple drinks, my resolve was weak, and my hunger strong. I should have gone home and made a snack or something, but in the moment, I didn't feel like doing that.
I had a good week, but part of me thinks that maybe when I push so hard, I have these set backs - I have exercised every day for 12 days in a row (as of today), and I even did some additional walks at work because we have had some nice weather. I tried to get my food back on track (until last night), and I did achieve my goals of 1) increasing my average burn (by almost 100 calories), and 2) tracking my food. So, the hard work paid off, and I shouldn't beat myself up for the slip, but I think it's an example of how I can be careless with my choices as well as that I have no willpower. I really need to concentrate on my eating more. I will not be able to count on enough excess burn forever to cover bad eating habits.
So, I have a new short term goal - it looks like Chuck and I may be going to Florida the first weekend in February. The weather should be in the 70s. Not bathing suit weather, but definitely shorts and short sleeves, so it's a motivation for me to keep up with my work - my goal is to not take one day off until we leave. I can have a morning off, but I will have to do some type of workout every day no matter what. There are three weigh-ins between now and then, and that means 3 pounds could be lost, which also means dropping into a new decade. I'd be really happy about that. I should be able to do it - as long as I have a planned break in the early morning routines, I should be able to keep up with the goal.
My challenge these days with working out is that every morning I have to take a bathroom break while I am running. It's really annoying. I don't know how to get my body out of this routine. Maybe there's something I can eat before I go to bed :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment