I guess I can't really call it a "whoosh", but I gained back 1lb this week:
Stats: +1lb
Ave Burn: 2402
I don't know my average calorie intake because I have not be tracking :-( Honestly, I am just treading water here - which is kind of what I realized would happen during the holidays. So, now I'm behind my goal again, but only by .5. I am going to really try to get back to tracking my calories. Although I don't believe that I ate 2400 calories a day PLUS 3500 more to gain a pound, I'm sure that my eating and drinking has played a part in my lack of progress. It's the holidays!
On Wednesday morning, I completely blew through my alarm and missed working out. I mean, I don't even remember my alarm going off, so you know I was in deep REM sleep. This was not good because I had plans for lunch, and that meant there would be no opportunity to make up my workout for the day. I guess, considering that, I did ok with a 2401 burn average, but I just cannot afford those types of slip ups. I think what happened was that I was up pretty late getting stuff done and ready for the next day, and I just hit the wrong button when the alarm went off - not even really waking up for it. I try to take these experiences as a sign - my body must have really needed that sleep!
This coming week will be another whirlwind of activity leading up to the holiday and my SIL and niece coming to stay with us. In addition, there will be mass baking and cooking. This is what makes it extra challenging to track my food. One bite of chicken tiki masala, one chicken salad finger sandwich, a sliver of lasagna, a half a glass of punch, and one bite sized chocolate dessert thing. Oh, and a palm full of M&Ms. It's all so hard and time consuming to track. Part of me just wants to put "1000 calories of misc junk". What I describe is exactly what is coming up on Thursday - our work pot luck and Yankee swap. But, there will be several more occasions where the sampling will be similar. I should really try to figure out a strategy for dealing with it without over-doing it.
For one thing, I have a goal to work out every day until Christmas, but take Christmas off (because the kids get up so early, it would be difficult to work out that morning anyway, so I may as well give in to it). Then, it will be right back to it the next day. At least this will keep up my burn rate so that I don't gain 5lbs in the next week, maybe only 2 or 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment