Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 25 - half way there!!!

Well, I am half way through the time to my goal, even if I am not half way to my goal.  :-(

Stats: -1lb
Average burn:  2278
Average calories: 1325

I got a stomach bug this week, and I ended up not eating for 48+ hours.  I also did not work out on Wednesday and Thursday.  I purposely took Wednesday off, but I did not mean to take Thursday off, but somehow did not get up when my alarm went off.  I really was not happy to have illness derail my week, especially since I was taking Friday off for our annual shopping trip.  I guess I did pretty good, considering, with an average daily burn of 2382, considering I took off 2 days.

The weight loss is disappointing.  I am now a full 2lbs behind my goal.  I thought that the stomach flu would give me a much needed boost to my weight loss, but I guess not.  I need the whoosh fairy to come and give me a big loss. 

I probably should be more excited to be half way through to my goal, but it's anticlimactic because of being behind in my weight loss and because I know that, even after I get to my goal, that I am not done.  It won't be like crossing a finish line or passing in a final assignment and saying, "ok, that's over!".  I know I have a lifetime of keeping up with healthy eating and exercise.  Still, for now I have a goal, and I will reach that goal no matter what.

My brother gave me new music at Thanksgiving, and I've been enjoying listening to some new tunes during my work outs.  He does a spectacular job putting together motivating music that's at the correct tempo.

Chuck and I went on our annual shopping day trip - this is supposed to jump start our Christmas shopping.  It was ok, but I cannot believe the holidays are already here.  I am not ready!  I think having so much going on, especially school, makes it hard to concentrate on the holidays.  I hope I can keep up with diet and exercise during the season.  It sure is challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment