Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 23 - Backlash

Well, it's not exactly backlash, but it sorta makes sense . . . well, let's explain with stats.

Stats:  0 lbs lost
Ave calories burned:  2351
Ave calorie consumed:  1151

So, I figure I'm paying for the big loss two weeks ago.  In addition, the not-so-good eating week I had last week.  But, the numbers are still good - it's baffling, sometimes, how my body works.  I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does.  It's difficult to be working so hard and see an average deficit of 1200 calories, and not even lose 1 pound.  Even if you put in a 5% margin of error - to the negative on both numbers, so the average burn would be 2233, and the average calories consumed would be 1207, that's still a 1k a day deficit - or 2 pounds a week.  Sigh.

One thing I decided was to end my sobriety a week early.  It hasn't given me the extra boost I was hoping for, and Chuck and I were going out for our monthly date night, and I just wanted to have a drink.  I will try to keep it all to a minimum as I was before, and I'll see if it makes any negative impact - there is the theory that I could have done even worse if I had been drinking, but if that's the case, I can always stop again.

My calorie burn dipped a little this week, and that is concerning. I'd like to continue to keep it up over 2400 average, but I did cut back on the aerobic exercise so I could fit in isometric/weight workouts more regularly, and it doesn't seem as if that registers the way the walking does.  My goal this week is to understand my treadmill's programs so that I can use them on my 45 minute days to increase calorie burn :-)

I started to use a new tracker program this week - myfitnesspal - it syncs with my Bodymedia Activity Manager, so I don't have to log in both places.  It's supposed to be easier to log and have more entries.  It has a mobile ap, so if I can use that more often with more success than the activity manager, then it may be worth it.  So far, it's ok - I don't like the fact that you cannot see the calories of the food you are choosing, so you have no idea what it's going to be.  I chose a generic salad - just the veggies according to the description, and it came out to be 400 calories!  I don't think so . . .

Well, next week is Thanksgiving.  I will be weighing in on the day after the big feast.  I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm just going to keep up with my fitness goals and try to be extra good from now until Thursday.  I do love TG, and while I won't go hog wild, I will not skip my favorites - especially apple pie - because I'm on this journey.  I think it's important to understand how to fit these events into our lives without them being big set backs.  Weather permitting, we will go for a walk after dinner, and I will have worked out that morning, so maybe burn some of the calories I will consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment