Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 22 - The Election!

I have no epitaph that relates to my weight loss journey.  The big news for this week was/is the election of President Barak Obama to a second term.  I am very happy.  I know he is the best man for the job.

Now, to the stats.

Stats:  -1lb
Avg calories expended:  2428
Avg calories consumed: 1229

Positives:
  • Achieved my other weekly goals:
    • Logged all my meals
    • No alcohol
    • New exercise schedule
  • Finally went down a size. 
In general, it was a good week.  I'm happy to have lost another pound vs. gaining or staying the same, but I still would have liked to have lost more, even .5, just to get ahead of the goal.  But, when I think about the week I had, I should be grateful.  I stayed within the numbers, but I ended up eating a lot of junk food.  It started last Saturday with a pizza party - my favorite all time pizza from Tony & Ann's - birthday party for my brother and sister.  I made Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut butter frosting.  The batter and frosting sampling was out of control.  And, of course, I had to try one!  That should have been enough, but oh no.  We had left over pizza, and I couldn't resist. I really need to do something about my will power or lack of it.  I spent the rest of the week trying to get back on track, and I guess I balanced things out, but I think I started a sugar craving, because I broke down and had a coffee roll from Dunkin' Donuts on Thursday.  Honestly, the calories are the same as when I get my multigrain bagel, but of course there is all that sugar and fat :-(

I was able to get into some pants that are a size smaller than I was wearing.  It has taken 22 weeks!  But, that is because I was probably squeezing into a size that should have been at least one larger.  I think going down to the next lower size will not take as long.  Maybe half the time?  10 weeks - I'm going to hope that 10 weeks = 10 lbs, and that will translate into a smaller size.  For now, I've been able to go into my own closet and find clothes that are a lower size from when I was smaller.  I don't want to have to buy anything until I'm my final size.

I started my new exercise routine.  I currently have 3 days where I only walk for 45 minutes, then I spend 15-20 minutes on isometric exercises, preferably with weights.  I was concerned that I would drop significantly in calorie expenditure.  My monitor definitely does not register my isometric exercises as physical activity, which is crazy, because I'm certainly more active, but whatever.

I think I am going to take Monday off from exercise completely.  I know I will sleep in - the kids don't have school, and I'm working from home, so it's a good opportunity to ignore the alarm.  It's supposed to be a nice day, though, so I'd like to go out for a walk.  It will be the first day in 12 that I haven't worked out.  But, I'm thinking it may be good to take a complete day off every couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment