Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 21 - 10%

Stats:  4lb loss
Average calorie output:  2457
Total Weight Loss:  22lb

Positives:

  • Made my 10% goal finally
  • Turn back the clocks tonight!!!  I cannot wait to get my hour back.
  • Average of 2457!! And that is with taking a full and complete day off from working out.
Ok, and now here is for the venting of everything else.  Of course I was still a little disappointed that my 5.5 loss didn't stick around, but I'm trying to look on the bright side that maybe I won't gain back any of this 4, where as if I had weighed in at 5.5, I surely would have had a gain back of 1.5 or more by next Friday.  Still - only being 1lb ahead of my weekly goal doesn't exactly make me breath a sigh of relief.

So, changes for this week - I am really going to try to go back to logging my food.  I have to admit that I know my food intake was not good this week.  We had the hurricane Sandy on Monday, and I worked from home on Monday and Tuesday, and it is just harder to be good when I am at home.  Also, Wednesday was Halloween, and I make our traditional Halloween sugar cookies with butter cream frosting - I must have licked and tasted 1/2 cup of frosting, not to mention that I ate 3 cookies!  On Halloween, I had 3 fun size candy bars.  In all, it could have been a lot worse, but I wonder if I had put those into my food tracker if I would have continued to be so bad!  So, I will go back to tracking and see if I can't make more of a dent into my progress.

Today I knew I was having my family over for pizza for a birthday celebration, so I was extra careful all through the day.  I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for the dessert, and I really wanted to try one, so I did.  I just logged my day, and it's coming out as 1374, so not too bad if that is 100% accurate, which it probably is not - maybe 1500?  Which isn't horrible.

The other think I am going to start is to incorporate more weight work into my work outs.  This will be hard only because of giving up my current calorie burn.  I feel like I just finally started making good progress on getting above 2200 a day, and now I will be cutting back - I know that the weight work does burn calories (even though the monitor doesn't seem to show it), and overall, if I boost my muscle, I will be burning more all over, but it will still be hard to see the number come down.

I found my last weigh-loss spreadsheet on my computer.  I don't remember it well, but it looks like the last time I had seriously tried to lose weight was in 2010.  I started in January, and I started at at least 5 pounds heavier than I was when I started my current effort.  I have entries for 21 weeks - exactly where I am at in my current journey, and I had lost a total of 23 pounds!  One pound more than I have so far.  It's sort of depressing to see that.  I don't remember what happened - why did I start slacking off at that point?  I have one more entry in my calorie count at the beginning of June, but there isn't another one until November, and by then I've gained back 6 pounds.  Why did I quit?  I do remember that Chuck and I went to Montreal with Dawna and George that Memorial Day weekend.  I have pictures of us, and it is so not pretty.  I look horrible.  Yes, 5 pounds heavier than I am now at the same point, and 5# is a lot, but it's not that much of a difference.  I guess it's humbled me.  Here I am thinking and feeling like I look GREAT now that I've lost 22lb, but I can see that I still look like a shlub (is that a word?).  I feel like I'm working harder at this than I have the last 3 times (I found a 2011 log - only 3 entries long, and then there was 2010, and before that I have 2008, which was fairly successful - made it to about the exact same spot - down 22lb), I know I never have worked out for 7 days a week or at least 7x a week, I always espoused a day of rest.  

Well, this is getting very long.  I should sign off and go to bed so I can enjoy my extra hour of sleep and get up and do my first workout of my new regime.  I will persevere.  I will not let the 22/23 pound curse get to me again!  I will continue no matter what and get to my goal, and this blog is here to remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment