Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 16 - Back on Track?

Stats:  2.5 weight loss
16.5 total weight loss
2348 average calories burned

This week was spent trying to get clean again.  Not that I was so far off track, but I was trying to focus on getting back to my good habits.  I did my morning walking workout every day (including the aforementioned birthday party morning).  I also did "30 Day Shred" on Monday and Wednesday.  My plan was to try to get it in 3x a week, but Friday came, and I was just beat.  I was really sore from the workout, though, and Tess joined me, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep it up.

Eating was "eh".  We had a lot of leftovers from the party, so early in the week we were finishing up those - burgers, dogs, salads, etc.  I tried to be good during the day, and not so bad at night.  I guess something worked seeing as I lost the 2.5 pounds, but it only puts me .5lb ahead, and I would rather be a couple pounds ahead.

I had a humbling experience early in the week.  I was feeling pretty good - my pants have definitely been fitting better, so I decided to try on a pair I had bought without trying on - still had tags on them - and I figured I must fit in them now.  They did fit - button, etc., but they didn't look good at all, you know that look?  You're not busting out of them, but they are not flattering at all!  I guess I have another month or so before I'll be able to wear them.

My book club gathering was canceled at the last minute, but I was relieved, because as much as my plan was to have one drink and NO food, I know my resolve is not very good.  So, if you can't take the temptation, remove the temptation, right?  So, at least I made it through the week without drinking any alcohol.  That will change tonight - we are going to a progressive dinner where we walk from restaurant to restaurant, but I'm sure it won't be enough calories to offset the delicious meal and drink that comes with it.  At least I got my work out in this morning - even though it was raining.  I did my treadmill, and that felt good because I haven't been on it in a long time, and it was good to shake the dust off of it.

This weeks goals are to continue on my "back on track".  For one thing, I still have not been good about logging my meals, and I know I need to get back to that.  I have another social night planned, and I'm sure that this one will not be canceled, even if only one or two people show up, so I will plan on showing up.  That's two nights of drinking, but I'll try to be good!  It's the food that's the killer, when I drink I have no willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment