Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 15 - Too Busy

Stats:  gained 1.5lbs

If you are keeping track, that's a total of 14lbs but it's week 15, so I'm once again behind on my goal.

Honestly, I'm almost too tired to care.

This week was a killer.  Both girls birthdays were this week - one on Tuesday and the other on Thursday.  Chuck and I went out on Sunday to buy birthday presents, and then we went out for sushi for our "date night".  I had spent most of Saturday and Sunday doing laundry and cleaning.  I have a family cook out every year not only for the girls birthdays, but mostly for my mom's birthday, which is tomorrow.  This year, my SIL was coming from NJ to visit, so I also needed to get Gwen's bedroom ready for Ruth to sleep in. 

I had something to do every night this week.  We went out on Wednesday night for both girls combined birthday celebrations.  I worked out in the morning every morning except Wednesday when it was raining.  I had planned to get up and use the treadmill inside, but I was so tired from staying up the night before getting stuff done that I decided to sleep in.  It felt weird to not do anything for the whole day.  So far, when I've missed a morning, I have been able to at least walk at lunch, but on this day I had lunch plans (sushi again!), and so I took my first full day off from exercising since I cannot remember when.  It was also the first week in a while where I only did 6 workouts, I usually make it up to 7 or more with walking at work.

We walked at 5 AM several of the days, and it was cold and dark.  It kept getting colder - starting at 55 and going down to 45.  We have decided to make next week our last outside week as it's just too cold and dark.  I am afraid one of us is going to trip on something we cannot see on the ground and hurt ourselves.  I hope that this one more week will get my body used to getting up at 5 AM so I can continue on my own.

So, needless to say that the eating was not good - with the going out, I really tried to be good, but of course I'm sure I consumed more than I should have.  Also, I have to confess, I did not log one meal all week.  With planning for the party, etc., and school, and working out, etc., I just did not have the time or the energy.  Part of me says I have to figure out a way to keep up with it, and another part of me says that I need to be able to do this without writing down every morsel I put in my mouth.

As for the weigh-in, I'm sure it didn't help that I got my period.  Maybe some of the 1.5 is water weight :-)

This week will be for getting back on track.  I am going to try to increase my physical activity, and I am definitely going to try to get my eating under control.  I only have one outing planned - my book club night on Wednesday, and I will tell them that I have to be good, so no macaroni and cheese pizza for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment