Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 10 - Quitting Time

Ok, I'm not quitting, but I feel like it :-(

Stats:  +2lbs
Ave burn:  2291
Ave consumed:  1240
Ave deficit: 1051

Fat % ave:  26%
Work outs:  6 out of 7 days


So, it happened as it always does - or at least the last year, year and a half.  The only difference is it's happening a couple weeks later in the cycle than usual.  If you are keeping track, I've only lost 8lbs in 10 weeks, and I've gained weight for the last two weeks.

Last week's 1lb gain wasn't totally unexpected.  I had a large loss (for me) the week before.  But this week was just really disappointing.  I just get so frustrated when I am working so hard at this, and I can't freaking lose weight.

In addition to my usual working out and dieting, I have been taking the green coffee bean extract.  Obviously it didn't work for me.  I didn't feel any different - actually, that's not true, I actually felt more hungry at times - like totally famished.  I also had to urinate more frequently, and I felt bloated.  So, not really a good experience at all.  I figured it was worth a try.  My hunch is that it's basically a diuretic, so the weight loss if from water loss.  I did notice that my body fat % went down several points - but this too could be because of decreasing the water in my body.

So, this disappointment could not have come at a worse time.  I weighed in on Friday, and on Saturday we were leaving on a mini family vacation.  The motivation to stay on track with my exercise and eating was at an all-time low.  I am going to try to get my head straight, but I can't say that it will be easy at all.

This is the place - this is where it starts.  First it's a skip of a day of exercise.  Then it's a pizza binge.  Then skipping a couple days.  Of course, now I don't see any results or I quickly gain back what I've lost.  It's just too hard to do this day in and day out and not have results.  And, I'm not even doing all I should be doing!  I want to be burning at least 2500 calories a day.  Not sure it that will even make a difference.  I have an average daily deficit of over 1k calories - I should be losing 2# a week just by the math.  What is wrong with my body?

Anyway, I do have one thing going for me, and it will save me.  That's my best friend Dawna.  She and I have been walking together in the morning, and I know that there are many mornings when I wouldn't have gotten up if it wasn't for knowing that she would be waiting for me.  When this is all done, and it will be done, one way or another, I'll owe a big debt of gratitude to Dawna.

No comments:

Post a Comment