I've been on vacation since last Saturday, but I'm not on vacation from my goal. I'll start with the positives for the week. This morning was the 7th day in a row that I worked out. My friend, sister, and sister-in-law have been walking each morning, about 3 miles. On Tuesday, I started doing some additional calisthenics after our walk - just some crunches and push ups. In addition to the walks, we are just so much more active. I've managed to burn an average of 2373 calories a day - which is almost 400 more calories than a non-exercise day. I have also averaged over 10,000 steps. This is all good stuff! I feel good, too, not too tired, and not injured, although I got this weird blood blister under a callous on my toe.
Ok, so now cue the waa-waa music. I gained 3 pounds.
This is what is so frustrating about my recent attempts to get healthy. I put all I can into it, and I see some progress, but I end up having this gain back that erases all my losses, and it's very discouraging.
I know that I'm on vacation, and my eating has not been great, but I would have had to have eaten/drank an additional 1500 calories a day for a total average of 3800 calories a day. While I recognize that I could easily eat my daily burn of ~2300 calories, I really don't think I'm eating 3800 calories. I've actually been good about passing on my usual treats - like fudge or ice cream. I've let the kids have it, but skipped it myself. So, with all the exercise, and the sacrifices, I expected that I would at least stay even :-(
But, I can't let it get to me. I'll just have to work harder to make up the deficit, and I may have to go to a more austere plan with food, etc. That will be easier to do when I am back from vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment