Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, June 22, 2012

Week 2

Stats:  1.5lbs lost, 4.5lbs total weight loss

Week 2 was even better than week 1.  My exercise goal for the week was to exercise 5x, and I made my goal.  I started on Saturday, then my bf went with me on Sunday, I took Monday off, but I got up in the morning on Tuesday.  Because I was working from home, and I didn't have to take Tess to school, I was able to sleep until about 5:45 am, and then I walked from 6-7am.  I took Wednesday off, but then I finally got up in the morning around 5:30 am on Thursday and Friday.  That is a big deal because my alarm has been going off at 5 am for over a year, and every morning I hit the snooze.  I have had a few times when I've gotten up, but none I have been able to sustain.  Not to say that I'll sustain this, but I am still happy to have done it.

I'm writing this a little late because I am so busy getting ready to go on vacation.  I am fortunate that my friend and sister have a tradition of walking every morning on vacation.  We have a beautiful path along the ocean that we walk.  Our total walk is about 3 miles.  I've been walking 4 miles, so I'll have to figure out how to get that extra mile in.  I'm not that anxious about making my goals during these two weeks, although maybe I should be.  Vacation is typically a time for indulgence, and I haven't had much self control lately.  My plan is to try to control the sweets aspect of eating.  I don't go crazy, but I do usually eat more than I do at home, so I'm just going to cut out all the extras.  If I am going to indulge, it will be with alcohol :-)  But, even then, I'm going to try to be reasonable.  I was watching a tv show, and the people were drinking wine, and I was practically drooling I wanted a glass so much.  But, I deferred - not only because of the calories, but also to keep a clear head to complete my packing.

My exercise goal for this week is exercise 6x a week.  I think this will definitely be achievable because of our daily walking.  I am also bringing my bicycle, and I really hope to get in a bike ride or two.  I really enjoy biking, and it's a great way to get a different workout.  For my second week, I'm not sure what my goal will be.  I do want to get to exercise 7x a week, but I'm not sure I can really do that.  I know I can do 6, but I may not be able to workout all 7.  What I am thinking of as an ultimate goal is to get my calorie burn up to 2500 calories in a day - maybe I could start out with 4 days.  I could also switch the focus to my eating.  I am trying to make good choices, but I'm probably doing that 70% of the time, but I'll definitely need to bump that to 90-95% in order to lose a pound a week.

So, we'll see how my vacation week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment