Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, June 15, 2012

Week 1

Well, first, the stats:  I lost 3 lbs this week.  It's a good start, but I'm not getting excited yet.  I'm sure there will be weeks when I don't lose a pound, or I lose less than a pound, so the "lead" I have will be used up, I'm sure.

I've set some other goals for myself, mostly about exercise/activity.  I also have been overly aggressive in my past attempts at getting fit, and this time I'm giving myself permission to ease back into a routine.  My mind jumps to getting to running as soon as possible, but I have to remember that walking is just fine - I get my heart rate up, I enjoy it, and it's lower stress on this old, tired body.  So, I'll walk.  The downside is that I have to take more time to get the same caloric burn than some other exercise.

So, for this week, I set a goal of exercising 4x.  I made it 3x.   But, my weeks are going to be Saturday-Friday, and I really didn't start until Monday, so I feel like I had a little bit of leeway.  The truth is, I need to get back to a routine because my plans for a walk at lunch or after work are most often not going to happen.  The best laid plans and all that - I just have too many distractions and responsibilities to be able to count on that plan.  Those plans will best be for a second session of physical activity.

On my walks, I've done a lot of thinking.  I'm excited to be in a different place by next year.  I keep my ultimate goal in mind, and I think about how great it will be to start next summer not embarrassed to be in my bathing suit.  I do, however, have a shorter term goal to help me stay motivated.  My bf and I are going to Florida at the end of the summer.  I should be 10# lighter by then, and although I will still be 40 pounds overweight, I know I will feel better about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment