I just had my birthday last week, and the reality finally hit me that I have to do something about my weight and health. I really don't want to complete my 50th year of life looking and feeling like I currently do. I need to set myself up for my next 50 years, and it's not in my current body.
The challenge is, however, that this isn't the first time I've done this. I've gained and lost hundreds of pounds. I know how much work it takes to be able to achieve my healthy weight and fat % (not to mention cholesterol level). I think, though, I have had high expectations in the past, and got discouraged when I did not meet my goals. That's why I thought if I just set a goal of 1# a week, it would seem more manageable, more realistic. I have to say, though, when I was almost a decade younger, and working out like a maniac, and eating very clean, I often had weeks when I did not lose 1#. It gets harder the more you lose! But, I can't think about that now, I can only think one week at a time, one day at a time really.
No comments:
Post a Comment