Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, June 15, 2013

And I've completed my 50th year of life . . . Goal date +3weeks

Stats: +2
Avg cal burned:  2144
Avg cal consumed: 1279
Avg deficit:  865

The numbers are not totally accurate this week because I didn't log all my meals.  The birthday celebrations started with "pizzapalooza" on Monday.  It continued through to Tuesday because we had lots of left over pizza.  I had a busy week with work and kids stuff, so that is my excuse for being off track.

The big disappointment is that I was not able to run the Hollis 5k on Thursday.  I had said from the beginning that I didn't want to run in the rain.  I wouldn't mind if it was a mist or a shower, but it started raining at 1 PM, so by 6:30 PM, everything was soaked, and the rain was rain, not mist or sprinkle.  I can't believe this is the 2nd time I've signed up and not been able to do it, I'm jinxed where this race is concerned.  I picked up my shirt and number - guess what - I was #1.  That was a total surprise.  We still went to La Hacienda that night, and had another birthday celebration.  I was happy that I got to jump on my treadmill and run a 5k (+) that afternoon - I had skipped my morning workout with the hopes that I would be running the race later that day.  Last time I ran in the morning and did the race, and I think that was a contributing factor in how horrible I felt.  I also had bought a $25 water bottle that has a handle I can hold while running since I don't like to hold anything when I'm running, but I need my water.  I figure it will come in handy when I'm on vacation since most of my workouts/run/walks are outside.

So, the celebrating ends tonight with dinner with my best friends.  I'm looking forward to a wonderful meal and laughs and fun with my friends.  My bf also gave me a day of pampering for my birthday, and today I had a massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure.  I feel so beautiful!

After today, I'm going to start to wean myself off of my BodyMedia monitor.  I will close my subscription early next month, but I probably won't wear it during vacation.  I already have a tan line from it, and it's just not very appealing with pretty t-shirts, etc. :-)  I'm a little nervous about not knowing exactly how much I'm burning, but I think I have a pretty good idea by now, and this will cause me to shift the focus more on what/how much I'm eating because I'll HAVE to keep that 1400 or under in order to not gain back what I've lost.

I'd love to say that I'll be here every week to report, but I'm not sure.  Especially over the next few weeks - a week from today we leave on vacation!!!  I'll be there for 2 weeks, then busy with parties, our anniversary, etc.  I think my plan is to pop in to report on any progress I've made or new developments - shorter posts.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment