Stats: 1lb lost - tracking to goal (with no wiggle room). The dreaded week 6 - it has been around this point in my last few endeavors that I have started the decline that would lead to me giving up on diet and exercise. I think this was due to the lose/gain pattern I would find myself in, and I would get discouraged and wonder why I was trying so hard and denying myself food and sleep. This time, I guess I'm more motivated in general. I know I have to do this. But, also, I have at least met my goal, and so I have no real reason to be discouraged.
My other goals for this week were for exercise, to ride my bike. For food, I was making another attempt to limit myself to 2 drinks. For exercise, I was able to get in a bike ride. It was one of the 6 exercise sessions that I did. It was disappointing to see that it was just moderate activity - it sure didn't feel moderate. As for the 2 drinks, well I didn't drink all week until Friday night when we went to the annual daycare pool party, but I definitely had more wine than 2 glasses. I will keep trying to limit the alcohol. As for my step goals, I was only able to burn an average of 2320 calories a day, but I did make the 6x a week exercise.
This week's goals are to add some weight training to my exercise, and logging my food.
When I am doing my walking, I think a lot about getting back into shape, and I'm really looking forward to a lot of things, including:
1. I'm looking forward to fitting back into my clothes. I have been stuffing myself into my last pair of comfortable jeans, and I want to be able to fit into them and, someday, have them be too big on me.
2. Not have my thighs rub together.
I think that I could achieve #1 by September sometime. The 2nd one may take a little longer than that.
My week started out with our trip to the North End for our 24th anniversary. It's not a low-calorie night. I really enjoyed my food, though, and I love the family outing. I was thinking that next year, at our 25th anniversary, I will look completely different, and I think it would be great to celebrate - not only our anniversary, but my new body. I doubt I'll be able to fit into my wedding dress, but maybe I could have it morphed into a new dress. I realize that the one thing that will make me look younger will be for me to lose weight. Being overweight ages you.
The day after our anniversary trip was our best friend's granddaughter's christening, and they had a brunch buffet following it. When I consider the temptations that I had this week, it's a wonder I lost the pound.
No comments:
Post a Comment