Stats first: lost 3.5lbs, which means I am on schedule of having lost 5lbs in 5 weeks. Yeah. But, if you were keeping track, I really have lost 7.5lbs. But I also gained 2.5 back. It's very confusing. And frustrating.
My goals for this week - well, I had a hard time coming up with some goals for this week. I wanted to build on previous goals, but unfortunately, my activity was only 2315 average, so I really need to bump it up. I wanted to make riding my bike a goal, but I knew that, with the week I had planned, that it would be really challenging to be able to pull that one off. And, why set up a goal that you know you can't make? I am going to add it for this week, though, because I should be able to do it.
Of course, just when I think life is settling down, it throws you a curve ball. On Wednesday morning, I did my walk (BTW, I'm thinking that there is something wrong with my BodyMedia monitor because it is showing so much fewer steps when I do my 4 mile walk than it was showing when I did my 3 mile walk in Ogunquit), and I was thinking that I would post a mid-week update about some of my musings on this process.
Well, that morning I took my daughters to their annual physicals, and Tess was diagnosed with diabetes. She had to be seen by a doctor that day, and she has had appointments every day since. We are on a schedule of blood glucose tests, specific meal plans, and doctor's appointments. It has been very difficult to keep up with work, exercise, and all of this.
So, the best laid plans, etc. I hope this week is a bit more normal than last week. I realize that I'm going to have to step up my game in order to keep those pounds coming off. One of my goals for this week for food/drink was to cut back on the consumption of alcohol. It wasn't hard to do considering the amount of alcohol I was consuming on vacation. I had a beer on Saturday, then shared a bottle of wine with my bf on Thursday night (I needed it!), so this week I'd like to cut back even further - maybe 2 or 3 drinks at most?
Tonight we are going out to celebrate our anniversary. The whole family goes to a restaurant in the North End. It's not very diet friendly, but I try to have a reasonable breakfast and lunch, and right back on track tomorrow - although that will also be challenging since we are going to a brunch celebrating a christening. I hope to fill up on fruit :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment