Stats: +.5
Average calories out: 2490
Well, this week's post was supposed to be titled, "Yahoo! 10%!", but it was not to be. I was there on Thursday, I was under it this morning, but I on Friday morning, somehow I knew I wasn't going to make it. Have you ever just felt heavy? That's how I felt when I got on the scale. Despite the foreboding, I weighed myself three times because I just couldn't believe it. How could I have gained a pound and a half since the day before? Sometimes the scale is just a big head game.
So, the desperate times call for desperate measures, and the one I have chosen is to stop drinking alcohol until Thanksgiving. My last drink was on 10/5, so I have had two weigh-ins since I stopped, one good, and one not so good. I will have to evaluate if it's really worth it to not drink. My hope is that I could really make a dent in my weight-loss goals (be ahead a few pounds - I'd be happy with 2# at this point) before the holidays.
I sometimes think that it's a very good thing that I set my expectations so low. I know that sounds horrible, but realistically, with the amount of daily deficit I am creating, I should be losing 2# a week, and that's what I've had as a goal in the past, but when I would not lose that, and even gain, I would get so discouraged that I would quit. Having the 1# goal has meant that (until now), I have been able to even out the big losses and the gains to have an average (ok, so that average has been under 1# more weeks than it has been at or above!) at or near 1#. To be behind again - and especially not make my 10% goal, is discouraging. I am putting a lot of work into this. I am tired all the time because I'm getting up at 5 AM to work out. I'm working out every day, sometimes twice a day. I am sacrificing - not just alcohol, but sweets, food, etc. If I can't show at least 1# a week average loss, then I think there is something seriously wrong with me and my metabolism.
No comments:
Post a Comment